Home > categories > Machinery & Equipment > Crusher > Can you make a GIS property boundary map with one GPS point and an old survey map (compass bearings and feet)?

Can you make a GIS property boundary map with one GPS point and an old survey map (compass bearings and feet)?

I have an old survey identifying points on the property (ex. X on rock, large Black Maple). I think I've found one of the points and have a GPS reading from that point. Is there a program where I can use the old survey's bearings (hypo. ex. 38 degrees NW, 256 ft), to generate the property boundary? I have access to ArcGIS, basic Google Earth. Yes, I am lazy and don't feel like hiking the 90 acres of rugged land to try and find other points. Yes, I am also cheap and don't want to pay the several thousand to have a real survey done.


Typically, you find can crushers in the hardware department and/or at hardware stores. If possible, go for a metal one; the metal can crushers last longer and work better. But, typically you cannot guaranteed just go to the store for a can crusher any more. You might want to see what you can find on line. On the other hand, a car's tires can do quite a number on an aluminum can. We don't do much for aluminum cans. If you only have a few, you can try placing them along you car's tires' path; it does work. Or, you can line them up on the ground, drop a sledge down on them to flatten them in the middle, then finish of either with the sledge or by stepping on them.
I'm so sorry about your dog, but my God, just spread the word to everyone to keep their dogs on a leash at all times while outside. Not sure what the law is by you, but here, it's a LAW to have your dog leashed and for good reason!! To protect the dog and people from accidents like this. The car has the right to be on the road (of course, not to speed like a jerk) but your dog does not. Cats should also be indoors and not wandering. Things like this make me very upset because it's usually the owners fault when things like this happen. I'm sorry but it's true. You can however, tell your town to have an extra stop sign or something put up on the street.

Share to: