Home > categories > Packaging & Printing > Printing Inks > What does plastic printing ink do to the human body?
Question:

What does plastic printing ink do to the human body?

What does plastic printing ink do to the human body?

Answer:

Of course, the use of ethanol, isopropyl alcohol, butanol, propanol, butanone, ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, toluene, xylene and other organic solvents are often used in printing ink. Although most of these organic solvents will be removed after drying, the residue will still cause harm to humans. In particular, the printing ink with larger ink area and thicker ink layer has more residual solvents and toxic substances released during use, which pollute the air and endanger people's health.
One of the major problems with ink contamination is pigment. These pigment particles are very small and have strong adsorption ability. They contain heavy metals such as lead, chromium, cadmium and mercury, all of which have certain toxicity. Lead, for example, contains about 2000 micrograms of lead in a page of colored newspapers. Lead is the only trace element that the human body does not need. It is stable, non biodegradable and prevents blood cells from forming. When the accumulation of lead in the body to a certain extent, there will be mental disorders, nightmares, insomnia, headache and other chronic poisoning symptoms, severe fatigue, loss of appetite, nausea, abdominal distension, abdominal pain, diarrhea and so on. Lead can also enter brain tissue through the blood and cause brain damage. According to the study, the amount of lead absorbed by children is several times higher than that of adults, and lead poisoning has a great influence on children's intelligence.
In addition, when printing using a large number of benzene diluent, with toxic, irritating odor is large, easy to pollute the air when in use, long-term inhalation will affect the central nervous system, causing great harm to human health.
As you touch ink, recommend you often eat oranges, carrots, corn and other food, because there are a lot of contact with the lead material, should eat high acid containing eggs, lean meat, fish, loach and other food. Eat more carbohydrates, inhibit the absorption of Pb, more food rich in calcium, iron and other minerals in food such as, bone soup, shrimp, bean products, animal blood, reduce the accumulation of lead. Lead poisoning will always feel headache, dizziness, dream of love, love temper, and always feel very tired. Especially, dizziness and other phenomena. The hope can have the help to you, wish you happy!

Share to: