Home > categories > Minerals & Metallurgy > Ceramics > What to do if accidentaly swallowed ceramic clay?
Question:

What to do if accidentaly swallowed ceramic clay?

today in ceramics, my table was messing around with clay dust and hardened clay chunks. I accidently inhaled some, and little chunks went down my throat. my teacher said it is extremely toxic. and now im feeling nauseous. what do I do? no stupid answers please. THNX (:

Answer:

He obviously was screwing you if it isn't fixed properly so he could make more money off you. You should call him back and say to him you didn't fix the dam thing i want a full refund and then bring your call to someone who will actually fix it not screw you over then using the money you got or should get from a refund pay the mechanic i know that might not be want you want to hear but you could always try to find someone who could fix it for free ask some neighbors if you have any hope this is of some use to you
it might be a vacuum leak dear. when the engine is cold, start it up and spray starting fluid around all vacuum fittings and the intake gasket. go to auto zone and pick up a spray can of starting fluid and do like i said. it might just be a vacuum hose broke or worse the intake gasket leaking.
Your teacher is stupid - either for actually using toxic clay in a class situation or thinking the stuff is toxic or telling you that it is if she/he was joking. Virtually all ceramic clay is not only not toxic but is made of things that people sometimes think they can eat although it is usually women thinking it makes for an easier birth - and makes them anemic with long use and subject to heart attacks in the strain of birthing. Call a poison control center and ask if you are worried enough or in actual pain - but if you do so, expect the teacher to get in trouble for any of the 3 reasons above.
Drink plenty of water. 1. Stop being an idiot in class. 2.If you're at a table where others are being idiots, move. 3. Clay it self is not toxic, however the dust from a ceramics enviroment can be because it will include plaster particles, glaze dust and bacteria, it's why you are told to damp wipe down. 4. Learn to respect your tutor's advice and understand that they understand a lot more about things than you do. 5. I suspect your behaviour annoyed your teacher which is why you got the response you did. You are feeling nauseous because at least part of what you inhaled has bacteria in it from other peoples hands or worse. This is not a stupid answer, it is an admonishment, please learn from it.

Share to:

Hot Product