Home > categories > Hydraulic & Pneumatic > Butterfly Valve > Where is the PCV valve?

Where is the PCV valve?

I have a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme and I think I have the case of the blow-by. The engine had high mileage, but was rebuilt b/c it stalled while driving. 3.1L V6 gasoline engine. The fuel filter and the fuel pump are brand new. Now we have the same problem a few months later. It stalls while driving. Its been sitting a while and won't start by itself, so I pulled off the air intake hose off of the air filter to spray starting fluid into it. I noticed oil puddled in the air intake hose, so I looked for the PCV valve on the rocker cover. There is a tube going from the air-intake hose to the rocker cover. I popped out the tube from the rocker cover and there is no PCV valve. Just tube. Is that where the PCV valve is supposed to go? If not, where can I find it on the engine? And could that possibly fix the blow-by and the stalling engine? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.


pcv valve is on the valve cover closest to the firewall.it is attached to a rubber hose that runs to the intake. right below an electrical plug
top of the manifold

Share to: